Thursday 4 January 2018

Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Foundation / Tarte Tarteist Pro Eyeshadow Palette

Dear Lovelies,

Although people say "never change a winning horse", many of you will agree that from time to time change is necessary and unavoidable. Your personality evolves and with it your style and your taste. Trying new things can be like a breeze of fresh air and give you a real feeling of empowerment.

In my case I was looking to trade up from my drugstore foundation that I had loved for many years and invest into something that I perceived as "better", sold via a designated shop for cosmetics, such as Sephora. 

Not only did I think that I'm finally "old enough" to invest into pricier cosmetics, but since going off the pill three years ago (you can read my journey *here*) my skin has gradually changed and needs different care now.

That I bought the eyeshadow palette from the same brand was purely a coincidence. Trying to find a great assortment for hooded eyelids led me to this one and I loved that there was an assortment of matte and shimmer tones in this.




I've been using these products for three months now and here are the pros and cons of both:



Tarte Rainforest Of The Sea Foundation (30ml, AUD$57 via Sephora):

Pros:
 Lightweight
 Buildable
 Waterbased (not oil based, which is great for oily skin)
 The dropper is a hygienic way of applying the product to your sponge or brush

Cons:
 The dropper is a bit flimsy and only dispenses one drop at a time
 Application with a brush can make it look streaky easily    
 No SPF, so wear a primer with SPF underneath








Tarte Tarteiste Pro Amazonian Clay Eyeshadow Palette (AUD$83 via Sephora):

Pros:
 Smells like Cookies when you open it
 Blends very well when applied with brushes
 Highly pigmented, even without the use of primer
 Stays on all day without smudging or hiding in the eye crease

Cons:
 Some of the matte shades are too pinkish / reddish for people with hooded eyelids





Do you have a favourite foundation and eyeshadow palette? Which one and why?


With Love,

Coffeebeanlilly



SHOP THE LOOK:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I highly value constructive criticism, but am happy about any kind of feedback. I reserve the right to delete comments that are insulting, have racist or sexist connotation and anything alike.